2022 Preconference Fire 1-on-One Session and
Law Enforcement 1-on-One Session
Do you need help through the unknowns to advance your project or mitigate issues that may flare up during design and construction? Attend the critically acclaimed “1-on-One” Sessions with a team of nationally recognized fire station and public safety design Architects from around the country. These firms have been involved in designing and constructing over 400 stations and law enforcement facilities in 45+ states and Canada.
These experts will personally review and discuss your project at any stage from inception, land acquisition, feasibility, design, or construction. You will receive focused expert advice based on where you are in the process, with input and professional recommendations on how best to proceed.
> Fire 1-on-One program will be held on Monday, May 23, 2022, starting at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Fire 1-on-One participants meet as a group at 10:00 am for a short presentation where the Architects will discuss ‘COVID the After Math’ which focuses on emerging trends in today’s station design and construction. Following the presentation, we will have an open Q&A with the panel of Architects where attendees can ask questions. This presentation and Q&A can identify issues that you may not have considered on your project and enhance your 1-on-One session.
- 1-on-One sessions typically run for 45 minutes and will begin at 10:00 am and run until 3:00 pm. You will be scheduled for your time slot upon arrival. For added learning value, each Architect will host a short seminar or case study for participants who are waiting for their 1-on-One opportunity. These mini-seminars can bring focus to issues that may have unintended consequences, provide clarity to the design process or mitigate obstacles as you move forward.
- Each registered attendee of the Fire 1-on-One will be sent a survey via survey monkey before the conference. This will help us get an understanding of your department, your project, and where you are in your process before we meet. The more information you can provide the better.
- Law Enforcement 1-on-One individual sessions begin on Monday, May 23, from noon to 3 p.m. Pre-conference registered attendees for the Law Enforcement 1-on-One session will be assigned a time to meet individually with one of the architects specialized in law enforcement facilities.
- If an appointment during the conference is required, it can be arranged at the Reception desk onsite during the conference.
- Each pre-conference registered attendee will be sent a survey monkey before the conference. The response will help the architects understand where you are in your process before you meet.
What to bring:
It is important to have visuals to aid in the conversation about your project. We understand that you may be at the beginning phases so not all items below will apply to you and if you are further along in your project, some of the items below may be too general. Please bring whatever you feel with help in the conversation you are trying to have.
Items to consider bringing:
Reports or Feasibility Studies
Don’t miss out on the 1-on-One program which has been running for 12 years and has consistently been considered one of the highlights of the entire conference by participants.
We look forward to meeting you at the 2022 Station Design Conference in Chicago.